We had a good time down in Pine Valley at Rose & Jim's cabin. It is such a beautiful and peaceful place. Rose & Jim let us ride their nice comfy bikes and I liked that a lot. Jake & I went on a little paved trail that went by a reservoir. We did that trail twice on two different days. We played lawn games (cube, bocce, horseshoes), card games of course (rage, scum, rook), visited, were well fed, watched some movies, had FHE, and just enjoyed each others' company. It was good to have Kevin, Lisa, Rachel, & Emily with us. We went to sacrament meeting at the oldest church still in use. Rex gave a great lesson later on his book about the Second Coming. Rose did an excellent job on family home evening. She had us all do an obstacle course and tied it into her lesson. We all face different challenges in life but the goal is to make it back to our Father in Heaven. We are here to help each other. Rose & Jim gave us each a copy of "A Family of Faith". They worked hard on it putting it together! I love all the stories we each contributed. What a treasure!
The Vaughan Clan
I got home from church first and the first thing I did was change into shorts & didn't know we were taking pictures! I almost changed back into my skirt but decided to not worry about it. Spencer & Christian did the same thing.
Ethen had a blast in the Bounce House!
He wore himself out as you can see!
It was pretty cool to see cows that looked just like oreos!
Jake & the Oreo Cows
Looks like it was fun! That is SUCH a great picture of everybody, awesome turnout! Hopefully it will become tradition and we can come next year. :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like you guys had fun! We were sad we couldn't go. I love your shirt in that pic! Cute
ReplyDelete