So unfortunately I didn't take any pictures up at the Brighton cabin get together. I need to work on that (taking more pics). Jennica & Brad were here! They requested to spend some time at the Flamm family cabin. In fact, if you have access to their blog, you can see pictures there! We had fun! My mom planned a mini olympics (since the olympics were going on at the time, she decided to make up our own) to do together as a family. That's typical of my mom to think of something creative like that. She's awesome! We made up our own countries with accompanying flags, had a "high jump" using donuts strung on a tree (harder than it looks), the "throwing shot put" using rocks outside, the "javelin throw" using straws (I won for the girls & Jesse overall), volleyball/tennis using fly swatters & a balloon (Jake won), and ping-pong around the world (Brad won). It was a blast! My favorite was the ping-pong. For lunch we had tastes from different countries like Mexican tacquitos, Chinese egg rolls, & Italian salad (went with the theme); for dinner, we had American hamburgers. I also made little s'more cup bites (from Pinterest). I enjoyed watching the summer olympics in London this year on TV. I like the gymnastics, diving, and swimming.
We only stayed for 2 nights and a day because Jake's parents were in town. We went to church with them down at Susan's in American Fork & then spent the day with them. It was good to see them again. I made some more s'more cup bites & they were gone in a hurry! Susan helped me get started indexing on Family Search Indexing. I was hooked! However, I haven't done it since but am planning on it. There was a Howlett reunion in July that was a lot of fun. Jake's parents stayed with us for a few nights. They traveled all over the west visiting family and stopped in Utah twice! They just got released from their mission in Garden City, Kansas (the Colorado Springs mission). That was their third mission! They served in Germany & the Gilbert Islands also. They treated us to dinner a couple times which was very nice of them.
Jenn & I went out to lunch one day at Kneaders (my favorite place for lunch) during the week they were here. She's never been there before & she liked it! While we were at lunch, Jake & Brad were at lunch at Quizno's. We then went to check out "Market Square" (now called NPS) in Salt Lake. It's a big store! My mom's told us about it and all the good deals so we wanted to go. I got some nice white Calvin Klein shorts for like $12 & they're my new favorite thing to wear! Jake & Brad ended up playing rock band. Fun stuff!
This post just keeps getting longer & longer! I feel like I'm finally getting more into this blog thing & I like it! I do need to take more pics though. Pictures would make it better! This summer's been awesome! We've used our Pass of all Passes a lot (mostly to 7 Peaks!). We also went to the Bee's baseball game & the Utah Blaze. We actually already got another pass for next year because we liked it so much!
Your summer sounded fun, more so than mine! Lucky! :D Glad you are having it though! See ya!
ReplyDelete