Thursday, November 1, 2012

Birthdays!!

I'm behind on my blog posting! Yup, I've got some catching up to do... So both Ethen and I celebrated our birthdays in the month of October! I turned 29 on the 9th & Ethen turned 7 on the 26th.

I went paragliding with Jake in the morning which was awesome (we already paid for it from a Groupon deal so it actually wasn't for my birthday but since we both had the day off from work, we decided to go)! We ate at The Roof for dinner (I didn't realize how expensive it is). However, since it was my birthday, it was a good excuse to go and splurge! I love the view of the temple and the piano playing in the background. The rolls and desserts were the best! Then, when we got home, Jake threw me a surprise birthday party! My family and friends were there. I've never had a surprise birthday party before! Jake made me a cake (his first time ever) and he did a good job considering it overflowed in the oven!
 
 
Getting ready to fly!

 
Take off!


I'm up!


 
 Here's Jake!

 

 
The Roof!
 
I think these are cool pics!
 
 
Ethen had a dinosaur party this year. Last year it was a dragon party.
 
Ethen's 6th Birthday (last year)


I made him a dragon cake (closer look)!


 
He had his friends over and my family came. We played pin the tail on the dinosaur (Jake drew the dinosaur), had a dinosaur stomp, had a dinosaur egg hunt, played "Dino, dino, roar!" (in place of "Duck, duck, goose!"), and pass the dinosaur (instead of hot potato). This was Ethen's second party (he had one at his mom's house too). He's a little spoiled to say the least! He's a good kid. We had fun! I enjoyed making his cake and decorating his room.     
 
Ethen's 7th Birthday Party

 
Dinosaur cake!

 
 Pin the Tail on the Dinosaur!
 
 Dinosaur Stomp

 
Make a Wish!

 

 
My cake was a hit!

 
Happy Birthday Banner in Ethen's room
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I loved Ethen's party! you guys did such a good job. He had a blast! I'm glad you had a good b day! :)

    ReplyDelete