Friday, July 6, 2012

July 4th :)


We had a blast on July 4th this year! I love this holiday! It was a hot day. We got to sleep in, go to the Kaysville parade, go boating, eat good food, and then see fireworks of course! It was a full day filled with lots of fun! We got lots of candy, free tie coupons, and a couple frisbees at the parade. We then had hoggies for lunch with fruit and chips.

Vance (my dad's cousin) invited us up to go boating at their lake in Honeyville. Boating is one of my favorite things to do! I got to go slalom skiing! We all had a turn. They have a ski jump that they use for a water slide also. We all liked that a lot! We had races and did a train down it. We also went canoeing. Jacob tipped us! Jacob is quite the little teaser. Ethen was scared of the water at first but after awhile he got used to it and was more comfortable with it.

Being up there reminded me of Lake Powell. Oh how I miss Lake Powell. It used to be a tradition to go there every year with my dad's side of the family. It was like Christmas- we'd count down the days til we went. It is by far my favorite vacation ever!

We didn't get back to my parents til late and my mom had dinner waiting for us. I wish my mom would've joined us up at the lake but she stayed behind. I'm sure she enjoyed some time to herself though. She went all out on dinner. She made steak, twice baked potatoes, baked beans, jello, cut up watermelon, fruit pizza (with red strawberries, bananas, and blueberries- red, white, and blue) and red velvet cupcakes (with white frosting and blue sprinkles of course). It went along well for July 4th. My mom is the best! I don't know how she does it sometimes. She really makes holidays special for us. I love her!

We ate in the backyard while watching three sets of fireworks. It was perfect! My dad bought more fireworks that we did after that. I have a great dad and I love him too! It was a day to remember to say the least! Sadly, we only took a couple pictures at the parade. Hopefully I can get them up later too. We were just having too much fun to pull out the camera! I'm not really used to taking pictures and I don't want to lose my camera on outings. Any suggestions?  

No comments:

Post a Comment