It was Jake's birthday on Tuesday, July 3rd. We went out to Rodizio's Brazilian grill which is his all-time favorite restaurant. It wasn't cheap but it was worth it. He's been looking forward to it for the past few months now. I've never been there. However, I have been to Tacono's at the Gateway which is pretty much the same thing. They cook their meat rotisserie style (it's good). I liked the glazed ham, chicken, rice and beans, and the pineapple the most. Ethen got to come with us. I'm hoping I can post the picture we took later when Jake is home (it's on his phone) on this post.
Ethen helped me do a treasure hunt for Jake to find one of his presents. It was fun and Ethen thought so too. I remember my parents used to do them for us on Christmas to find the big family gift- I remember getting a ping-pong table one year and a pool table another. I missed that and wanted to do it again. We went to the Gateway after for Jake to pick out any hat he wanted but he didn't find one he loved. Hopefully next time. We had a good time today!
The day before we had Jake's sister, Susan and her family over to celebrate his birthday. We had a BBQ and played skip-bo and old maid. Jake was glad we had them over. We're having my family over on Sunday to also celebrate. My parents already gave Jake a generous gift card to Texas Road House (another one of his favorites). I'd say he's getting a little spoiled, don't you? Haha... he deserves it!
No comments:
Post a Comment